The Foundation Knee System®, with over 17 years of successful clinical results, is the only knee system to combine eleven AP femoral sizes with anatomic baseplates for a more custom fit, which allows you to choose the right fit for a lasting TKA. The Foundation Knee offers the modularity of CR, PS, Ultra-congruent, and Revision options to adapt to both simple and complex knee replacement procedures. The Foundation System was designed to replicate normal knee kinematics. The precise simplicity of the Foundation Knee Instrumentation was designed to provide accurate cuts for reproducible results.
• Patello-Femoral Kinematics
- The deepened patellar groove on the Foundation femoral component minimizes patellar advancement which has been shown to increase flexion 3 and restore normal kinematics.
- Anatomic patellar groove promotes normal biomechanics.
- Groove depth increases at higher angles of flexion to provide increased resistance to patellar dislocation.
- The patello-femoral geometry of the Foundation Knee can resist lateral joint forces well beyond those seen in the physiological knee 5.
•Tibial Fixation: Solutions for Tibial Loosening
Minimize the Transfer of Shear Stresses to the Underside of the Tibial Baseplate
The Foundation tibial-femoral geometry was designed to allow the desired motion for a prosthetic knee which includes 8mm of rollback and +/-15° of rotation 7.
Maximize Resistance to Shear Forces
The tibial stem design utilizes the strongest bone in the proximal tibia to resist rotational forces design to provide maximum initial fixation and long term stability 1,4,6.
Optimize Load Distribution
The asymmetric profile of the Foundation tibial components offers total coverage and uniform loading. These results are not thought to be achieved by symmetrical designs.