CMF OL1000 Bone Growth Stimulators are portable, battery-powered medical devices indicated for use in the noninvasive treatment of an established nonunion fracture acquired secondary to trauma, excluding all vertebrae and flat bones. The device has the following features:
• Lightweight and comfortable
• Easy-to-use & Noninvasive
• Requires simple, one-button operation
• Device is worn for only 30 minutes per day
• Can be used with internal or external fixation or over a cast
This treatment has been shown in pre-clinical studies to help the body's own healing process begin working. Clinical studies have shown an increased chance of healing of 60.7% in patients with nonunions that averaged 29.3 months from injury. Registry data on over 2300 patients reports a heal rate of 75.1%.